[dropcap]T[/dropcap]he 31-year-old is one of the few batsmen to average over 50 in both Tests and ODI cricket and is considered as one of the greatest fielders in the world. He has also played as a wicket-keeper and has even picked up wickets with the ball.
Clearly, there’s something supernatural about AB. Here are some interesting things which prove that de Villiers is not a human being:
Apart from his cricket carrer
- He was shortlisted for national junior hockey squad and also for national junior football squad.
- Captain for south africa junior Rugby.
- He holds six records in school swimming competitions.
- The fastest 100 meter time in Jr. Athletics.
- National U-19 Badminton Champion.
[padding right=”3%” left=”1%”]
Fastest 50, 100, 150 in ODIs:
In ODI match against the West Indies at the Wanderers, Johannesburg, AB de Villiers broke the record for the fastest half-century and century in the history of ODI cricket.
He missed out the record for the fastest 150 as he was dismissed for 149 from just 44 balls.But he didn’t discouraged his fans because he went on to reach his 150 run mark in a World Cup match against the West Indies.
He took just 64 balls to reach 150. He ended up scoring 162* (66) in one of the most destructive knocks that the world has ever seen.
[divider style=”dotted” top=”20″ bottom=”20″]